As a church in the Catholic tradition within the Church of England, we hope to bring the life of prayer and the transformation of all things in Christ to the day-to-day concerns of all men and women of good will in our community. Our Vision is to be an “Open Church”.
As part of our wish to obtain a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund to assist in funding our roof repair project, we are involved in a number of activities, including enhancing our offerings to local schools (producing specific material to promote the heritage of the church) and producing a history of All Saints’. We will also be looking at opportunities to open the church on a more regular basis outside of service times.
Our top priorities for the new few years are to:
- Grow church membership.
- Renew our work with children and young people.
- Enhance the public awareness of All Saints’ Church and what it offers.
- Use nurture courses to draw in peripheral members of the congregation.
- Offer teaching on the Catholic Faith and produce our own material so that the various levels of teaching - Sunday School groups, Confirmation, Nurture courses and other courses – are more clearly dovetailed.
- Be ambitious about our use of the website, Facebook and other forms of publicity to enhance our presence in the wider community.
- Open the church to the local community as much as possible.
- Strengthen and leverage our links with the local community.